Online Flight Bookings Terms and Conditions
You must be 18 years of age or over to make any booking on our website.
- Full payment for travel arrangements made via the iFly online booking engine is due at the time of booking.
- Where a booking/merchant fee is charged, this fee is non-refundable.
- A $19.00 booking fee applies to flights originating outside of Australia. A $15 booking fee is charged for domestic fares with Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Qantas Airways
- All prices displayed on our website are in Australian Dollars AUD and include government charges GST and taxes. Please note that, service provider taxes and fees may still apply.
Credit Card Payments:
- By selecting Credit Card as a means of payment you confirm your agreement to the following conditions.
- When selecting payment by Credit or debit Card, a third party supplier fee (credit card fee) will apply. iFly and Select World Travel reserves the right to charge administration/service fees for payments made by credit card. These charges vary depending on the type of credit card that is used for payment. These charges will appear on the review page of the on-line booking process.
- Credit Card payment debit may take up to 48 hours after a booking is made online.
- A 1.5% fee will apply for payments with MasterCard Credit & Debit and VISA Credit and Debit and American Express cards and 3.5% for Diners. You can also select the Direct Deposit payment method to benefit from no processing fees.
- If for any reason any travel service provider, including airlines, does not provide the services and or flights, which you have booked and paid for, including but not limited to the grounding or insolvency of the Airline or travel provider, the liability is against that provider, and not against iFly / Select world travel. If payment for the service was made to us by credit card, by accepting these booking conditions, you agree that you will not seek to charge back your credit card payment.
Bank Transfer Payments:
- When a direct bank transfer or cash payment is selected, the booking will be placed on a HOLD until payment is received or the ticket deadline is reached. We will issue the ticket only when we receive cleared funds into our account.
- Banks have different clearing time for internet banking transfers, ranging from a few minutes up to 48 Hours and possibly longer on weekends. Please check the information provided by your bank regarding clearing of funds. On direct over the counter transfers or cash deposits this is normally instant with all banks.
- If we do not receive payment by the time the booking expires in the airline booking system, the booking will automatically cancel.
- If we receive payment after the fare has expired we will attempt to rebook at the same fare and issue your ticket. If the original fare is no longer available we will call or e-mail you with options. If we cannot find a suitable option that you are prepared to accept we will immediately refund your payment in full with no deductions to a bank account specified by you. Our liability is limited to the full amount of money received from you.
- Your booking and price are not guaranteed until full payment has been received and the flights are ticketed. In the event a displayed fare is no longer available at the time of your booking and payment, we will contact you with any comparable available fares or dates; you will have the option to cancel and get a full refund or pay any additional fare if applicable. Airlines sometimes display fares that are no longer available. If the fare selected is not available or has sold out you will be contacted with available fares or alternate dates to complete the booking. Prices are subject to availability, may change without notice and are not guaranteed until paid in full, ticketed and documents issued.
- Most carriers will deny carriage if the name varies and the booking may be cancelled. It is your responsibility to check that the names on the e-tickets we provide you with are correct. In the event of a name that does not exactly match the Passenger Passport, you must notify us immediately so we can attempt to correct the error. If you do not notify us immediately to correct the error you may be denied boarding and be liable for the cost of a new ticket. In some cases the airline may impose a fee, charge or re-issue a new ticket for all name changes.
- You will be responsible for this cost if the error is a result of any of the following actions: a) You entered the incorrect name information; b) You received a copy of the booking prior to ticketing and did not notice or were unaware of the incorrect information; c) You did not check the e-ticket or itinerary or vouchers supplied to you by e-mail or mail, and only noticed this at the time; and d) Any other reason that was not a direct error from iFly / Select World Travel.
- We will not at any time be responsible for any associated or incidental costs, including but not limited to missed flights, hotels, ground transport, loss of deposits or delays.
Amendments and Cancellation Fees:
- All airlines changes and cancellations can be made directly with the respective airline or through iFly & Select World Travel. All changes and cancellation requests must be made in writing by email or fax. Changes will only be made after you confirm the change by replying to our e-mail.
- All airline conditions, including applicable fees are displayed next to the selected flight combination under “Fare Rules” before you proceed with passenger names and payment. To see the all conditions and airline fees please click on "Rules". All iFly Amendments and Cancellation Fees fees are in addition to the fees displayed in the airlines fare rules
- A cancellation fee of AUD $300 + GST ($330) per person will apply for International Departures and AUD $150 + GST ($165) for Domestic Departures which is in addition to any charges made by the airline, which in some cases can be the loss of the full amount that you have paid (non-refundable tickets).
- By you requesting the refund you acknowledge that you are aware of the supplier terms and conditions and agree that any dispute regarding the non-refund and or charge back is between you and the airline or provider and not with iFly/Select World Travel. You also acknowledge that iFly / Select World Travel acts solely as an agent on your behalf with the airline or supplier. You also agree that you will not instruct your bank to charge back any such charge as described above.
- For Jetstar or any other Low Cost Airline changes, clients must contact the airlines directly.
- An amendment fee of AUD $150 + GST ($165) per person will apply for International Departures and AUD $100 + GST ($110) for Domestic Departures for each change to a confirmed booking; this is in addition to any fees charged by the airline.
- Refunds of monies can take a minimum 12 weeks to obtain from the airline.
- Please note that many airlines treat passenger name changes and itinerary alterations as a FULL CANCELLATION and as such these changes can incur full cancellation charges.
- All travel airlines charge amendment and cancellation fees. In many cases, cancellation costs may be claimed against your insurance policy, and accordingly, travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- iFly will offer you the opportunity to purchase comprehensive Travel Insurance at competitive prices. If you book with iFly and choose not to take out travel insurance, iFly will not be responsible for paying any extra costs or expenses you may incur. Travel Insurance may provide cover when the premium is paid and the policy issued, and so should be taken out as soon as payment is made for maximum protection.
'No Show' Airline Charges:
- Airlines charge 'no show' fees, if you do not turn up on time and miss the departure of your flight. If we receive a no show charge from the airline we will pass this charge on to you and you agree to be responsible for the payment. To avoid no show fees, please cancel flights you cannot or do not intend to board, even if there is no refund. You can cancel with the airline directly online or by phone.
Airline Schedule Changes / Missed Flights:
- Airlines often change flight schedules and your flight departure time could change at any time. It is your responsibility to check for any schedule changes least 24 hours before your flight departure time. This can be done for most international and major airlines by visiting www.checkmytrip.com and entering your reference number and surname. If you are unable to verify your schedule, please call or visit the airlines website directly. iFly / Select world Travel will not be responsible for any missed flights due to schedule changes.
- We offer free access to Tripcase, an online application that offers you up-to-date information on your flights, time changes, gate changes, etc
- We will not be responsible for any loss as a result of a missed flight, arriving at the incorrect airport or terminal, or denied boarding for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, arriving late, not having the required visas or under the influence of alcohol. It is your responsibility to be at the airport by check-in time and to have the correct visas required.
- Airlines have different check-in times. You must be at the check-in counter at the check-in time provided by the airline or service provider.
iFly strongly advises that all flights should be re-confirmed by phone with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to departure for each individual flight.
- Many airlines do not offer a free luggage allowance and charge for each bag checked. If you are traveling on a low cost carrier, or any American domestic flight, these flights usually charge extra for luggage. Please check the airline website, as we may not have up-to-date information on all airlines. In most cases it is cheaper to pre-pay for luggage on these carriers than to pay at the airport. Please check your booking conformation to see what the luggage allowance is. If no luggage information is provided please check the airline website. Carry-on bag allowance varies from airline to airline. Please check this prior to travel. If unsure please visit the airline website.
- Additional luggage must be purchased directly from the airline (telephone or airline website).
- If you are a member of an airline's frequent flyer scheme, please ensure that you have entered your correct number in the special section featured in the booking engine at the time of booking. iFly will not take responsibility if the airlines do not register your trip. You are advised to retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass.
- We highly recommended purchasing travel insurance to protect you if your travels are disrupted by unforeseen circumstances such as an accident in a rental car, medical emergencies, lost luggage, personal liability and cancellation of travel arrangements. Visit the insurance section on our website to find out more or purchase travel insurance. We offer 3 insurance options for your convenience.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid passport and visa where required. To assist you, both in determining whether you require a visa and the processing of your application online, please go to: http://www.visalink.com.au.
- Some countries will not allow you to enter without proof of a return or onward electronic or paper ticket. Airline check-in staff at your point of origin may deny boarding. If you book a one-way ticket please ensure you have checked with the Consulate of the country you are traveling to in order to ensure that you comply with their laws and regulations.
- All coupons, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers.
- Neither Select World Travel nor any subsidiary company or representative shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage to you or your belongings or otherwise arising in any way out of the use of our website and our services to you. We make no warranty or representation as to the suitability of any product or service displayed on our website.
- You acknowledge that the information, prices, seating, times etc. on our website or quoted to you are supplied to us by third parties including but not limited to airlines, hotels, cruise lines, tour operators etc. In the event of an error either by the third party, a member of our company or a software or data capture error, we reserve the right, in consultation with you, to make any changes required. Additional fees may become payable by you and your itinerary may need to be amended to comply with rules and/or availability of seats. Airlines and other third party travel providers impose different terms and conditions on the sale of specific travel products featured on this site.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with passport and visa requirements regulations before travelling. Go to http://www.dfat.gov.au/ , http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ or http://www.visalink.com.au/ for more information.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are covered with Travel Insurance.
- All costs include GST.
- All fares quoted and charged to you are based on fares provided to us at the time of quote or ticketing. In the event that the airline should impose a higher fare that was paid either before or after actual travel or any other reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, no show, you agree and authorize us to charge your credit card with the additional amount charged to us by the airline or provider, and not to dispute this charge with your bank. You understand that we act solely as agent for you with the airline and are not the travel provider. Any dispute you may have is between you and the airline, we will assist you with any such dispute to the best of our ability by providing all documentation relating to this booking we may have.
Validity of Prices & Information:
- iFly and partners strive to ensure that all information available on our website is accurate; however the prices & information on the website and featured in the booking engine are supplied by Third Parties and are subject to availability and conditions and are subject to change without notice. Although every care has been taken, the prices are not guaranteed until paid in full and documents have been issued. Where codeshare flights are part of a booking, the discounts applicable will reflect the benefits offered by either the operating carrier or the codeshare partner and the ticket will be issued to reflect the discount applied. Requests for ticketing on preferred airline paper must be submitted to our office in writing.
- iFly and partners disclaims and will be exempt from any liability under the law of contract, tort or by virtue of statutory enactment in relation to any: loss to; personal injury death or illness of; damage or theft of personal property of any sort of; expense of inconvenience caused through delay to; disappointed expectation of; accident befalling; the traveller or any dependents, arising out of any negligent act or omission, breach of any duty imposed by statute, breach of any law of the place of destination or on route to or from the destination, tort (whether intentional or unintentional), or breach of a contractual term, whether expressed or implied or breach of duty arising under or imposed by any law on the part of iFly, its servants or agents or of any sub-contractor or supplier of any product or service on the Web Site.
Customer Service & Fairness:
- We always look to resolve issues quickly and fairly. Enquiries & correspondence should be addressed to Select World Travel offices.
Departure Times and Flight Numbers:
- Most airlines state that there is no need to re-confirm your departure times and flight numbers. Nonetheless, iFly will not take responsibility for any flight time or flight number alteration made by airlines. iFly strongly advises that all flights should be re-confirmed by phone with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to departure for each individual flight.
- All references to 'We', 'Our' and 'Us' are references to iFly.
Law & Jurisdiction:
- Our terms, conditions & the contractual relationship created between you and iFly / Select World Travel when you book through us is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
- You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland for the determination of any dispute and the making of any claim against iFly and acknowledge and agree that a court having jurisdiction in respect of the dispute or claim is the appropriate court.
- Notwithstanding any other of the terms and conditions listed, the maximum liability of any claim against iFly can never exceed the actual fare paid to iFly.